India bans entry of all international commercial passenger flights from March 22 to March 29
The Government of India issued the following notification in an official statement:
- No scheduled international commercial passenger aircraft shall be allowed to land in India from March 22, 2020 for one week.
- State Governments shall issue appropriate directions so that all citizens above 65 (other than for medical assistance) except for public representatives/govt. servants/medical professionals are advised to remain at home.
- Similarly all children below 10 should be advised to stay at home and not to venture out.
- Railways and civil aviation shall suspend all concessional travel except for students, patients and divyang category.
- States are being requested to enforce work for home for pvt sector employees except those working in emergency/essential services.
- To reduce crowding all Group B and C Central govt. employees will be asked to A attend offices on alternate week and staggered timings for all employees.